Skip to main content

Photo: 51 year old mother of three killed as building collapses in Ogun state


 
A 51 year old mother of three, Modupe Bankole, died after the balcony of a one story building which she resides in with her husband, collapsed at Olomore area of Abeokuta, Ogun State capital yesterday March 13th.

Narrating how his wife died, her husband, Mr Bankole, said she was at their balcony relaxing on a mat when the balcony caved in. She was shouting that her back was aching but died as soon as she was rushed to the hospital.

“I just heard the collapse of the balcony on my head and I noticed it had a minor effect on me. I thought since my wife was not directly under the collapse balcony, she would be safe. Then I ran to the other side of the building shouting thank you Jesus. I wanted to come back when I heard our neighbors calling my wife to get up from the mat she was sleeping but she could not. We did not know if some of the debris hit her on her back because she was just shouting ‘my back’. She died shortly after getting to the hospital” he said
source linda ikeji

Comments

MAT NIGERIA said…
so sad may her gentle soul rest in peace

Popular posts from this blog

Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH

Few days to his exam, Adesoji Adediran, a final year student of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) took his life - Adediran was in the department of Urban and Regional Planning - He reportedly hung himself in the school hostel, on Sunday, March 19 A final year student of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology in Ogbomosho, Oyo state, Adesoji Adediran, was found dangling from a rope on Sunday, March 19.

MIKE EZURUONYE STORMS UYO TODAY WITH ‘DIVORCE NOT ALLOWED’

  MIKE EZURUONYE STORMS UYO TODAY WITH  DIVORCE NOT ALLOWED

Nigerians roast T-Boss for not being able to recite the National Anthem

Nigerians roast T-Boss for not being able to recite the National Anthem